Ideally located in the heart of the west end with unbeatable transport links, the Dominion’s event spaces are also ideal rehearsal rooms. The Studio was purpose built as a studio and dance space in 2008 and is the main attraction for rehearsals and auditions. The Studio is supported by our other spaces including the Gallery and Chaplin Room which are ideal for non-dance rehearsals. The Boardroom – our premium meeting space – is also available at a preferential rate to our rehearsal clients and is ideal for read-throughs and production meetings for up to 28 people. Specifications for all our Events Spaces are available here.
For more information or to book please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Events Managers on 020 7927 0941
Rehearsal Space Rooms
The Studio is available for auditions and rehearsals. Located above the theatre’s main foyer, The Studio is fully equipped with one wall of floor to ceiling mirrors, black out curtains, oak sprung floor, piano, lighting rig and PA system. Measuring 16.2m x 12.1m with a maximum ceiling height of 2.85m
The Studio also has private facilities with showers. The Studio has air conditioning and air handling systems. Production Office facilities are available on request. Wireless internet connection is also available on request. The Studio has been used by companies including Matthew Bourne, Royal Opera House, National Theatre, Playful Productions, Talkback Thames & Theatre Royal Haymarket. For further information on past clients and what they thought of us visit our Customer Testimonials page.
The Studio is also ideal for showcase performances and has been used for this purpose for productions such as Ghost the Musical, Lend Me a Tenor, and Monkee Business.
Day rate for the Studio is £520+VAT per day 10am – 6pm. Discounts are sometimes available, especially for bookings by the week (please note that Sundays are not available) or for late notice bookings.
The Gallery is available for non-dance rehearsals and auditions. Located on the 4th floor with access via the main foyer and also via a private entrance on Great Russell Street, The Gallery main space measures 26.5m x 6.75m with smaller rooms adjacent to it. It has private facilities (without showers) but does not have a PA, lighting or piano in situ, however these can be arranged on request. The Gallery does have air conditioning. Day rates for the Gallery (10am – 6pm) are £380+VAT per day.
Please note that some spaces are near to the main auditorium and it may be possible to hear rehearsals or performances at times
The Chaplin Room
The Chaplin Room is also available either as an independent space or in conjunction with a booking for the Studio or The Gallery. Measuring 14.88m x 7.33m the Chaplin Room can be accessed either via the main foyer or a private Great Russell Street entrance. Day rates for the Chaplin Room are £300+VAT.
Please note that some spaces are near to the main auditorium and it may be possible to hear rehearsals or performances at times.
For Production Meetings or read-throughs where you require a nice comfortable and professional space, our new Boardroom is perfect. Seating up to 28 in a boardroom set up, the room has natural daylight, air conditioning and a private break area with toilets.
We are offering a special rate on the Boardroom when booked with any of our other spaces for rehearsals/auditions, or for past or present rehearsal/audition bookers.
- room hire
- tea, coffee, biscuits and water
For further details on the Boardroom space visit our Boardroom page.
- View all prices
Day hire 10am – 6pm £450+VAT Evening hire 6pm – 10pm £300+VAT
Past Rehearsal Clients
“The staff were very helpful, the location is central and the room is new, clean, bright and well equipped. I would certainly use the Studio rehearsal room again”
Claudia Ginsburg, Mark Goucher Ltd
Past Clients for Rehearsals and Auditions include:
- Matilda, Royal Shakespeare Company
- Big Talk Productions
- Coronation Street the Musical, Reckless Entertainment
- Lee Menzies, Eternity Productions
- The Lion in Winter and The Tempest, Theatre Royal Haymarket
- Circus Space
- QDOS Entertainment
- The Jury, ITV
- Flare Path, Playful Productions
- Legally Blonde, ATG/Sonia Friedman Productions
- Love Never Dies, Really Useful Group
- X Factor Dance Auditions, TalkBack Thames
- Various productions, Royal Opera House
- Fela!, National Theatre
- We Will Rock You, Queen Theatrical Productions
- Edward Scissorhands, Great Leap Forward
- Various productions including Les Miserables and Oliver! Cameron Mackintosh Limited
- Cats, David Ian Productions
- Imagine This, ICW Productions
- Hairspray and Sister Act, Stage Entertainment UK
- The Lion King, Walt Disney Theatrical Productions
- Mark Goucher Ltd,
- Royal Variety Performance 2008, BBC
- Thumbs Up Productions, Sky TV gameshow auditions
- Victoria Wood Christmas Special, Phil McIntyre Entertainments Ltd.
- British Television Awards, Sony Music
- Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, Treagus Stoneman Associates
- City Academy
- Ghost, Workshop and Workshop Performance, Colin Ingram Ltd
- Lend Me a Tenor, Rehearsals and Workshop Performance